Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cheesy Sweet Potato Fries.

Fawn is a pretty good eater, but can be quite challenging.  Right now our enemy is veggies -- he will eat all the fruit you offer, but getting a veggie down him is difficult.  I love getting food ideas from my mommy friends -- they are always helpful and encourage me to try something new with the boys in my house.  So, I'm passing my ideas and small successes along as well. 

Fawn used to love sweet potatoes when they came out of my food processor in the pureed form.  After we transitioned to true solids, though, he hasn't been a huge fan.  The below recipe (which I derived from a recipe I found for sweet potato skins) was a success:

three small sweet potatoes cut into french fry shape
cooking spray
paprika
sea salt
grated Parmesan cheese (the stuff out of the can -- don't judge, kids LOVE)

Preheat oven to 425 or 450.  Lightly coat sweet potatoes with cooking spray so they don't stick to cookie sheet, sprinkly with sea salt,  and roast for 20 minutes or so -- until cooked through but not too brown.  Remove from oven, turn oven down to 400.  Flip/stir sweet potatoes and push as close together as possible on your cookie sheet (so there are as few gaps as possible).  Sprinkly lightly with paprika and Parmesan cheese and pop back into oven for 5 minutes -- until cheese is melted.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment