Saturday, February 19, 2011

The New Artichoke Dip.

I love artichoke dip as much as the next gal -- I can basically eat my body weight in it.  But, I have to say I overdo it a little (like when you play a song so much you don't enjoy it anymore).  I scoured my cookbooks looking for a new favorite dip recipe.  This hot onion dip is from a family cookbook created by Buck's aunt and it doesn't disappoint.


6 to 8 ounces of frozen chopped onions (I use half a bag)

12 ounces of cream cheese, softened (that's 1 1/2 blocks)
1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
Corn chips





Thaw the onions -- while the onions thaw let the cream cheese sit out to soften (the softer the easier!).



Then dump the onions out onto paper towels and roll them to squeeze out excess moisture.



Stir together onions, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and mayo (I highly recommend reusing the same bowl the onions just came out of -- efficiency people!).
 Put in a baking dish and bake in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
This is pre-baking...there's no post-baking photo (oops!) -- this dip is SO GOOD it was eaten before I got my camera out again.  Serve with corn chips!

For optimal deliciousness, you also need a really cute sous chef (aka Fawn).




No comments:

Post a Comment