Sometimes I think that my version of mothering is the "lite" version. Why? Because I have so much wonderful help from our family. My parents, in-laws, and our brothers and sister are always willing to pitch in (not to mention the fact that my grandparents are also around to help). It is such a blessing! But, sometimes makes me feel guilty -- or like I'm cheating at this mom thing.
Last week I posted that we'd been sick at our house -- the reprieve from sickness was a false alarm (ugh!) and all three of us got round two mid-week last week. Buck had a fever of 104 -- and he never gets sick, which tells you how yucky this "plague" is! So, now that we are in week three of awful winter crud.
My mother-in-law was supposed to keep Fawn Saturday night anyway (so Buck and I could celebrate his 30th birthday), and she graciously agreed to a longer stay at her house. Buck's sister arrived bright and early Saturday morning and took Fawn to the Zoo -- then he spent the rest of the day at my mother-in-law's house. It was such a relief to be able to sleep the sickness off while knowing that Fawn was not only in loving hands, but was also having way more fun than he would have had with us. My mom made yummy chicken noodle soup for Buck and me, and just the smell made me feel better (seriously -- it's better than medicine).
For those of you out there going it alone, I commend you! As for me, I will continue to lean heavily on my support system -- and realize how blessed I am to have family so close. It really does take a village. Thanks to my fantastic village -- you know who you are!
No comments:
Post a Comment