Sunday, February 20, 2011

Did I Read That Correctly?

Last weekend I was reading the March 2011 issue of Woman's Day magazine.  Not my favorite magazine, but I do like the recipes and the kid information.  I ordered a subscription a few years ago for $4 for the year and have gotten the magazine every month since without ever renewing...odd, but I'm not complaining.  On page 6 I saw something I don't believe I have ever seen in a mainstream publication.  With no disclaimer or explanation whatsoever, the following quote appeared:

"Again Jesus said, 'Simon son of John, do you
love me?' He answered, 'Yes, Lord, you know that
I love you.' Jesus said, 'Take care of my sheep.'"
John 21:16
What a wonderful way for the Gospel to reach people!  The issue was all about caretaking (including recipes that are easy to deliver/reheat), so the verse certainly correlates to the theme.  But, nonetheless I was pleasantly surprised to see the inclusion of God's Word.  I might just have to renew that subscription after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment