Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Eight Years.

Eight years ago today Buck and I were married.  EIGHT YEARS!!!  I know to my "more senior" readers out there (i.e., family members) eight years of marriage doesn't seem like that long.  But, to this thirty-year old, eight years seems like a long time.  Where did those years go?  They literally flew by.  I wish I could bottle up the time and hang onto it, but life just doesn't work that way.  Instead, we get to make wonderful memories and laugh about the funny times.  In our case, we often laugh about just how young we were when we got married.  We were twenty-one when we got engaged and twenty-two when we wed.  What were we thinking?  We didn't know much about life, and certainly didn't know what it truly meant to be married.  But, as the saying goes, when you know, you know.  And we knew.  While we had a lot of growing up to do on this side of the altar, we got to do it together, as a team.  And that's what's made the past eight years and all the growing up so joyful.  I know we've still got growing up to do and life lessons to learn, but there's no one I'd rather have along for the ride.

1 comment: