Saturday, June 11, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken.

This is my at-home version of a rotisserie chicken.  While not quite as quick and easy, it's pretty darn close.  And, if I do say so myself, much tastier.

whole chicken
olive oil
salt and pepper OR seasoning of your choice (I use a salt and pepper blend that also has onion powder, garlic powder, and celery seed)

Rinse chicken, and pat dry with paper towels.  Place in crock pot.  Drizzle with olive oil and then salt and pepper or seasoning of your choice.  (I apply the seasoning with a heavy hand since I discard the skin after cooking.)  Cook for approximately 5 hours on low heat.  Enjoy!

The meat will literally fall off the bones, so this is perfect if you want to make chicken salad or need shredded chicken for a casserole.  It's also great plain or on buns for sandwiches.  Got to love the crock pot!

No comments:

Post a Comment