Friday, June 3, 2011

Errand Helper.

Because I have no time to run errands without precious Fawn (I work when he goes to school), he's -- by necessity -- my errand helper.  He's generally pretty good at cooperating, as long as I keep the trips short and the stops few (throw in a treat or a side trip to the park and he's over the moon). 

Even my little errand helper has his limits.  For example, at the grocery store we have a certain routine: 1) Fawn is in charge of the recyclable bags -- they are his, do not mess with them; 2) Fawn gets to pick the cart; 3) Fawn does not ride in the cart but instead helps mommy push; 4) Fawn places (in actuality throws) all of our items into the cart; 5) Fawn helps unload the cart at checkout (while telling the checkout clerk what he is purchasing "dis is my cheese" "dese awe bananas" like she cares...); and 6) Fawn gets to "sign" mommy's name at checkout (which underscores the fact that no one is checking signatures on those electronic checkouts).

And, sometimes he just says no (he is two, after all).  After a stop at Fawn's school to pick up his artwork from last year, I told him that we needed to go by the store to get daddy a new bow tie (he somehow misplaced his at my brother's wedding last July -- i.e., took it off and totally forgot to look for it when we left the reception).  Fawn:  "Mommy, I do not want to wun a bow tie ewwand.  I want to wun a tot lot ewwand.  Yeah, let's do dat.  Dat is a gweat idea!"  (For those non B'hamers, the tot lot is a great little park in our town.)

No comments:

Post a Comment