Thursday, June 9, 2011

First steri strip.

As I mentioned in my weekly update, Fawn's chin collided with a very sharp edge of a table at the McWane Center last week.  There was a loud thud followed by blood and tears (even mommy shed a couple).  Mommy's yellow shirt = ruined (no big deal, Target special).  I finally got the bleeding to stop in the bathroom of McWane, but the cut was pretty deep so I called in some back-up in the form of Buck.  Luckily we were two blocks from his office, so I just pulled into a loading zone and he came down to inspect.  His verdict -- no stitches needed, but a steri strip wouldn't hurt to make sure the cut closed up.  Buck's dad is an orthopedic surgeon in town, so after a quick phone call to his office, Fawn and I were headed that way.  We braved a crowded parking lot, elevators, and a crosswalk, but made it to Doc's office, where the sweet ladies that work up front ushered us back to a room where Doc put on the "special bandaid".  And, we were off again to more summer fun.  Despite this face, Fawn was very proud of his steri strip, which he referred to as his "fruit strip" (he loves the Organic Fruit Strips from Target as a special treat, I guess that's what he was thinking).
I'm happy to report the fruit strip is off, the cut is healing, and Fawn is ready to brave the McWane Center again.  I'm guessing this is our first of many accidents that need more attention than a mere bandaid, considering that Fawn is 100% boy with absolutely no fear.  So glad Doc's around to take care of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment