Okay, to recap a couple weeks ago I posted our aspirational summer "to-do" list. As of today, here's where we stand (I know we will repeat many of these trips!). For those readers north of the Mason-Dixon line, I know that summer doesn't officially begin for a few more weeks. But, seriously who decided that? Certainly no one living in Alabama (for the record, it's been 90-plus degrees here for the past couple weeks -- in other words, summer has officially arrived).
We've done:
1. Lake Martin - over Memorial Day weekend. Fawn was much easier to deal with at the lake this summer, as opposed to the past couple. He loves being on the boat and piddling around the yard with Buck.
4. Pepper Place Saturday Market - embarrassed to admit that we came home with no fruits and veggies -- only McEwen and Sons grits and Wright Dairy cheese (We do eat fruits and veggies, I've just been trying to stock up as much as possible at Murphree's in Cahaba Heights -- we love them and their produce!)
5. Swimming at my grandparents' house - finally convinced Fawn that swimming was a good idea this afternoon. He had repeatedly resisted the outing telling me that it was too cold to swim (seriously??? do we live in the same state???). When we arrived he was a little standoffish, but quickly remembered how much he loves, loves, loves to swim.
13. Imagination Lab at McWane - awesome addition to McWane Science Center -- we will definitely be back. Though this was cut short -- Fawn slipped and split his chin open on a table (he's okay, more to follow in another post).
16. Summer Reading Program at Library - we're registered, though (gasp!) I haven't logged any of the million books we've read yet. Oops! We also went to a really entertaining musical program at Emmet O'Neal last Tuesday which Fawn loved. It was drums from around the world, and it was loud so Fawn was happy.
17. Doodles Italian Ice - definitely the best summer treat in town
18. Veterans' Park in Spain Park - love, love, love this park and all of the wonderful slides (go early so it's not too hot, but take a towel as the slides are always wet in the a.m.)
23. Backyard Garden - sunflowers and watermelons in progress
Okay, I've been really lazy at picture taking this week. Can I use the common theme that it's just too hot as an excuse? I did snap some precious pics of Buck and Fawn at Pepper Place, but am having some uploading difficulties so will share it later!
No comments:
Post a Comment