Monday, October 10, 2011

First Field Trip.

Fawn's preschool class went to Homewood Park for a field trip in September (with parents, of course, I can't imagine keeping up with the 13 kiddos without an adult watching each little one).  We had a picnic:
And then hit the park in matching t-shirts (I ordered the smallest size available and it absolutely swallows Fawn! I may have to do a little at home alterations because he really hates for clothes to be too big.):
Despite the look of the neon green dress, I promise he had clothes on underneath.  Then we played on the swings:
And rode the elephant:
It was a great day!  I have to admit that I was not looking forward to the field trip -- the only reason being that I consider his preschool hours (only 8 a week) as precious working hours for me.  It's the only childcare I have during the week and the only time I avoid working at night and on weekends.  So, as much fun as I knew we would have, I kept thinking about my always-growing "to do" list and wished he was at school so I could get work done.  But, I am so thankful for the two hours I got to spend with Fawn, his sweet teachers, his friends and their parents.  It was wonderful to watch him interact and to meet parents I didn't know and put names with faces.  It was a great reminder that the "to do" list can always wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment