1. I do not like that my precious, sweet husband is striving to weigh less than me when I deliver this baby. Yes, he's in great shape and I'm not so much. Yes, I have been cooking at home almost every single night of this pregnancy and serving up some pretty tasty, healthy food (if I do say so myself) which has benefited his waistline. And yes, last week I tried to sabotage him by making his favorite breakfast casserole for dinner with Sister Shubert rolls. But, still it is not cool. Only 13 pounds separates us...yikes!
2. Cross your fingers for Halloween. After I gathered the pieces for Fawn's Mickey Mouse costume, he has now stated that he will be a Tyrannosaurus Rex for Halloween. Also, I am to dress as an Allosaurus and Buck has been assigned Pterodactyl. Really? Fawn suggested that I "sew up the costumes and put them in the oven to cook them til they're ready momma." Let's hope he forgets by Monday because it's not happening. (As a side note, I will point out that we are 0 for 2 on Halloween costumes. For Fawn's first Halloween we purchased the most precious cow costume; Fawn refused to wear it so we improvised and he went as Nick Saban -- dressed in red with the hat that Nick Saban always wears. Last year, my parents gave Fawn a dog costume that looked just like our beagles; Fawn refused to wear it so he went as a hunter -- we have plenty of camo around these parts.) I'm still holding out hope for Mickey Mouse come Monday...keep you posted.
3. Fawn now reads to me at night -- not every book, but for the books that he's memorized, he sits in front of me and holds the pages open for me and recites the words. My little boy is growing up...and I need to rotate the books!
4. Speaking of rotation, Buck and I got organized a couple weekends ago and sorted through Fawn's toys and split them up into three sets. We've rotated the sets each week and I think it's been great for Fawn -- he's actually playing with some of his toys that he seemed to have forgotten about. Plus, our playroom is much cleaner.
5. Baby is growing great; heartbeat is strong; we are thankful and so excited. Less than 4 months to go!
6. Fall is my very favorite season -- we've been outside as much as possible and really enjoying the sandbox Buck built for our back deck. Fawn plays in it at least once a day -- and usually twice. (Have I ever mentioned how much I love being married to a handyman?)

No comments:
Post a Comment