August 5, 2011
Buck and I have been spreading the news of the yet-to-be-given-a-blog-name baby growing in my belly. I am relieved to have told both of my bosses (1) My ballet teacher boss because clearly I cannot teach children ballet when I'm as big as a whale -- I mean how do you remark on the pointing of toes and the placement of feet when you can't even see your own? and (2) My law firm boss because while my part time work can continue for now, February will be here before I know it. And, we've begun telling friends. I would much rather tell my friends in person, but many of them I unfortunately rarely see and I definitely don't want them to hear it through the grapevine. So, I guess it's time to send some emails or texts. While still pretty impersonal, much better than a facebook post.
I am feeling better with the big caveat that I feel TERRIBLE on days following sleepless nights. It makes perfect sense, but it's still a really bad cycle! I have also discovered that (decaf) coffee makes me feel horrendous for the entire day. Hmmm....because it tastes so good. Current foods of choice: frozen nutrigrain waffle topped with nutella, bananas, cheese sticks, anything spicy (speaking of which, I'm thinking chicken nachos for dinner), chicken orzo soup.
Although the weight gain is still minimal, I look more pregnant each and every day. I am definitely rocking the "muffin top" look. I know everyone loves a belly picture, and I will take them and share when there's actually a certifiable baby bump.
No comments:
Post a Comment