Thursday, October 20, 2011

Over the hump.

We are well past the halfway point of this pregnancy!  While at times I thought it would never end (i.e., weeks 6 through 15), the past few weeks have slipped away in the blink of an eye.  And, I'm sad.  There's something so magical -- but yet so grounding -- about being pregnant.  For me, it's a time when I feel so much more connected to God and His creation, to my husband, and to my mom.  I love the belly, even if that means my wardrobe is drastically limited.  I love the kicks and gymnastics, even when they keep me up at night.  I even kind of like the heartburn because I am a believer in the old wives tale that you have heartburn while your baby is growing hair.  Fawn arrived with a head full of the most beautiful, softest, dark hair.  I keep picturing our new baby with that sweet fuzz!

Right now, though, the thing that warms my heart the most is Fawn's enthusiasm for this little one.  Whenever he spots a baby in public, he shouts "there's a baby".  And, then follows up with -- "I'll bring my baby to [fill in name of location]".  And, he prays for the baby (whom he currently calls "Figaro") every night by saying "And thank you for Figaro" -- it is too sweet!  I just know he is going to be the most wonderful big brother, though I'm not sure his younger sibling will ever get a word in edge-wise.

So now we wait until February.  When I'm flipping through my calendar, that seems like a lifetime away.  But, when I stop to think about all that is going to occur between now and then (beach trip with Buck's family, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Fawn's third birthday -- not to mention multiple other family birthdays!) I know it will be here before we know it.  We can't wait to meet you little one -- we love you already!

No comments:

Post a Comment