Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Spread.

July 28, 2011

I have gained three pounds so far this pregnancy (in eleven weeks) -- right on track (and I can assure you the last time I share pregnancy weight gain on this blog).  The only reason I share is to say that even three pounds can cause quite the spread.  I am already in maternity shorts and jeans.  A few pair of dress pants still fit (thankfully) as do most of my summer dresses, which is great.

Just shows though what a difference it makes to have already been pregnant.  My body is expanding even if the number on the scale is barely inching up.  With Fawn I wasn't really into any maternity clothes until about week 20.  Now, not only do I really look pregnant, but my clothes tell the same tale.  Which, by the way, is totally fine with me...only problem, we haven't shared our big news with anyone besides our family.  So maybe I'm not kidding anyone.  Or maybe folks think I'm just out of shape.  Bring on the belly -- it's my favorite part of pregnancy!

I went maternity clothes shopping last weekend and got some cute stuff for great deals.  With Fawn, I purchased some great work and church clothes but was lucky to borrow a friend's mommy maternity wardrobe -- it was fabulous.  Great tops, casual dresses, fabulous jeans.  But, this time around I'm on my own as she is pregnant with number four!!!  Anyway, back to my shopping expedition.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money so I hit Kohl's and Target.  I ended up with a cotton cardigan, cute tank, short sleeved shirt, and long-sleeved T from Kohl's for a whopping $50.  And, jeans and khaki shorts from Target for $60.  Enough to get me through (though if you see me around town in the same outfit two days in a row -- or every single week, please don't judge!).

No comments:

Post a Comment