Friday, October 7, 2011

Fawn's Name Suggestions.

August 27, 2011

Fawn has been quite animated this week in his suggestions of baby names.  The front-runners in his mind are:

1. Figaro (as in the cat from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse)
2. Mr. Teddy Bone (we have no idea, if this is a reference to some book or cartoon character that I'm not aware of will you please email me?)
3. Mr. Duck

We've been throwing out some of our name possibilities to Fawn, in part to see how he pronounces them and how his future brother or sister may pronounce their name.  This has led to much confusion, as I think Fawn now believes there is a baby boy AND a baby girl growing in mommy's belly.  Not so, my friend.  Twins run in my family, so the first thing I asked at our initial ultrasound was "it's just one right?"  Confirmed.  I've always loved the idea of multiples.  And, in a fantasy land, twins sound like so much fun but I'm not sure I have the patience or endurance to handle that.  Hats off to my friends who do so flawlessly!!!

As for the naming thing, I'm not that worked up about it this time around (par for the course on baby #2 I guess).  We are not going to find out the gender of this baby, so picking a name doesn't feel like a reality yet.  Buck, the "planner" of the family will likely be rattled by this wait and see approach so I'm sure we'll narrow down to a few possibilities before February.

Naming a baby is such a big responsibility, but also such a personal one.  As I told my sweet mom, "don't give me suggestions because I won't use them."  I don't mean it with any disrespect, and I've loved that my mom has shared with me lists of family names.  But, I'm not open to someone saying "what about [insert first name] [insert middle name]" because to me that feels like they are naming my baby and I'm not.  I might make an exception for Fawn, though, because Figaro does have a certain ring to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment