My mom is always encouraging me to save and freeze extra cake layers when I make birthday cakes. She insists that they freeze and thaw wonderfully -- and she's right. Not that I ever doubt her cooking tidbits, but I'm not so much a fan of frozen and reheated food.
So when our Advent calendar said it was the day to make a birthday cake for Jesus -- all we had to do was the fun part -- the decorating. (I left a frozen cake layer on the counter the night before and when we woke up it was perfect for frosting and sprinkles.)
Fawn decided we needed three candles, I think because we're in the stage of attending 3-year old birthday parties. He sang Happy Birthday to Jesus all by himself. It was a fun, age-appropriate activity -- and I hope may instill some of the true meaning of the season.

No comments:
Post a Comment