Yep, lost. Never arrived. I'm okay though -- no consolation needed. I was able to locate a not-quite right but definitely will do (with even some bonuses of its own) replacement. And, to top it off Amazon gave me a refund. I will definitely be a repeat customer. But, I've learned a lesson -- have packages delivered to Buck's office.
I must say that my dealings with the local USPS, while friendly, have been somewhat odd. On multiple occasions, I've called seeking an update on the lost toy.
Me: "Can you confirm it was delivered to the right address?"
Postwoman: "Yes ma'am. I asked the delivery man and he said he delivered it to a brick house on _____ Road."
Me: "Okay." While thinking, every house on my road is a brick house.
Postwoman: "I talked to him and he's going to stop by your house today and show you exactly where he put it."
Me: "Sounds great. Thanks."
Postwoman: "We will continue to check the returned package shelves and call you with an update."
At which point she takes my cell phone number.
This conversation has repeated itself since December 9 with the following results: (1) no visit from any post office delivery worker and (2) no return phone call. I'm admitting defeat and simply cannot spend any more hours worried about it or having the same deja vu conversation with the post office. Post office: 1, Belle: 0.
No comments:
Post a Comment