I made this picture extra large so you could see the drawing on our beloved Melissa & Doug easel. (This is the only easel we own so I have nothing to compare it to, but it is fabulous -- keeps all three of us entertained for hours. I would highly recommend it!)
When Mom's the easel assistant, we draw shapes, letters, numbers, seasonal-themed items (Christmas trees, snowmen, Rudolph, etc.). Dad, on the other hand, uses the easel to quiz Fawn's knowledge of hunting and fishing terminology and know-how. Don't get me wrong, Fawn loves it! "Daddy draw a big buck" or "Daddy draw a hunter" are common requests. And, he can tell you everything about this picture -- from the tree stand (as opposed to a shooting house, of course), to the bow and arrow, to the blood-trailing beagle ("just like Hank"). I just don't know if I should laugh or cry...but I knew I had to share.

No comments:
Post a Comment