Fawn's school had a Thanksgiving program for the little ones the Friday before Thanksgiving, and the two-year olds were the turkeys. Quite fitting and quite cute. The week before the program Fawn came home with a handout from his music teachers with the words to the three songs they were singing so we could practice at home. Fawn loves music and loves to sing so I didn't anticipate any resistance to my suggestion that we sing his turkey songs. When I suggested it, though, his response was "Mommy, I can't sing those turkey songs with you. I can only sing them with Miss Lani." (Miss Lani is his music teacher.) I got the same response when I made the same suggestion a couple days later, so I dropped the issue.
He was a precious turkey, despite being in total sensory overload by the costumes, noise, people.
He really did not like his turkey hat -- and cried through the "dress rehearsal" because it was itchy. I had to be there early for monthly mom duties, and got to watch the meltdown. I figured we'd have a very unhappy camper come actual show time, but he surprised us. Though there weren't many smiles, he did all the motions with the songs. But, no words came out of his mouth. If you've spent any length of time with Fawn you will find this shocking because he loves to talk, sing and be loud. He is constantly making noise. He later told us it was scary with all the people. Sweet thing.
Don't worry, though, we've been singing all about turkeys for the past couple weeks...Mommy is ready for some Christmas tunes.


No comments:
Post a Comment