Christ the Lord is Risen Today
Christ, the Lord, is ris'n today, Alleluia!
Sons of men and angels say: Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!
Sing, ye heav'ns, and earth reply: Alleluia!
Lives again our glorious King, Alleluia!
Where, O death, is now thy sting? Alleluia!
Dying once He all doth save, Alleluia!
Where thy victory, O grave? Alleluia!
Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia!
Fought the fight, the battle won, Alleluia!
Death in vain forbids Him rise, Alleluia!
Christ has opened Paradise, Alleluia!
Soar we now where Christ had led, Alleluia!
Foll'wing our exalted Head, Alleluia!
Made like Him, like Him we rise, Alleluia!
Ours the cross, the grave, the skies, Alleluia!
(Words: Charles Wesley, 1739. Music: Easter Hymn, composer unknown.)
I have always been inspired by the music of Easter. While worshiping through music is an integral part of how I praise God throughout the year, there is something stirring and lasting about the music of Easter. Perhaps because the "classic" Easter hymns -- like the one above -- are sung year in and year out, they are imprinted on our hearts. But, I think it is also that the Easter message is so awesome and life-altering that the music of Easter is likewise special. I also think it is incredible to realize that Christians have been singing the same Easter songs of worship for literally centuries.
I love Easter, but it seems especially meaningful with a baby. For me, it's a reiteration that God is faithful -- both to me and my children. That through His grace salvation is available to me and to them. That no matter the chaos of this world or the hardships and struggles we will face in this life, He saves and has prepared a place for us in heaven. As a mother, there is nothing more comforting than knowing my Savior is seeking my children and will freely offer His gifts of grace and salvation to them.
I can distinctly remember rocking Fawn as a baby on Easter in the cry room at church; and I did the same thing with Small Fry this year (dressed in the same sweet bubble!). I hope I remember this one in the years to come.
Buck's parents came by after church to take some pictures of us with the boys and them with the boys. Not a bad attempt at a family picture.
Daddy and Small Fry.
Mommy and Fawn (munching on a chocolate bunny -- what a treat!).
Still munching...
After a morning at church, taking pictures, and discovering goodies left by the Easter Bunny (who came to our house while we were at church -- how nice of that bunny!), Buck had to get ready to be gone for a week for work. I headed to my parents' house for a visit with the boys.
Fawn was playing music for us -- James Taylor (a boy after my own heart).
Small Fry snuggled in the Baby Bjorn.
No comments:
Post a Comment