Sorry for the blogging hiatus! We enjoyed four days at the beach this week...details and pictures to follow soon. And, Small Fry has decided to basically not sleep at all. He's been busting out of his swaddle so he's trying to learn how to stay settled without being my precious prisoner. Needless to say, it is a learning process. And in the meantime baby and mommy are up almost hourly. I would give almost anything for some caffeine. But I know this is just a season of life. There will be plenty of time for sleep later. Hopefully he will be doing much better by his four-month update!
Fawn has been up to his usual antics. Always a bright spot and such a funny little guy!!
We are really working on our letters and he likes to find the letters in his name in books or on signs or pictures. Fawn goes by his given middle name - not his first name. One of his favorite letters is in his first name but not middle name so I tried to explain that he did indeed have that letter. He was having none of it and has been walking around saying "I'm not (insert name)". It's pretty funny, but totally understandable.
Fawn is still curious about mommy and daddy's relationship and now repeats that we are married. But he has no clue what that means. He asked me if he would get married. I said that I hoped so. Then he asked me when he would get married. I said when he was a grown man, had finished school and had a job. (As an aside, he asked if his job could be eating food. I gave him examples of jobs he could possibly do. His response was that he didn't need one of those jobs, he would just work at the farm.) Then he asked me if he would still be a boy when he got married or if he would turn into a girl. I told him that he would still be a boy. Then I tried to explain that he was born a boy and would always be a boy. His response, "I wasn't born a boy, mommy. I was born a baby." Point taken. Then being his sweet self he said when he married a girl he would marry me. Melt my heart.
And he has a new favorite perch. Who needs a double stroller?

No comments:
Post a Comment