Friday, May 18, 2012
Fawn's Friday Funnies.
This kid continues to be hilarious, so I'm implementing a weekly column until I reach a week where he doesn't give me any funny material. This week, though, he didn't disappoint.
We were at Triangle Park and Fawn was playing on the jungle gym while I fed Small Fry sitting at a picnic table. I started chatting with another mommy who was also there with her son. When Fawn realized I was talking to someone he came running toward me screaming "It's a stranger! It's a stranger! Don't talk to strangers mommy!" I tried to explain that I was an adult and he's a kid and I can talk to people I don't know but I think I just confused the kid more. We've been working on stranger danger with Fawn, but I'm not sure we're doing a great job based on the incident at the park. Also, Fawn is now terrified of the Publix workers who offer to push the groceries out to your car. He totally freaks and insists that he get out of the cart before the stranger pushes the cart. Hmmm....
Fawn was really sweet to Small Fry and I told him he was such a good boy. He responded. "Mommy, you are such a good mommy because you do everything I say." I laughed out loud. And then reconsidered my parenting tactics. And then told Fawn he was the funniest person I knew.
Fawn is starting to be more aware of my relationship with Buck -- so we've been saying "Mommy is my wife" and "Daddy is my husband." Totally unprevoked, Fawn looked up at me while we were reading books and said "Mommy, Daddy is not your husband. He's your cousin." Please, Fawn, do not spread that rumor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That. Is. Awesome.
ReplyDelete