Dropping Fawn off the first day he seemed like such a baby (he was!), and now he is such a big boy. I remember him clutched to my hand as we walked down the hall to his classroom. How nervous he was when carpool began and he would leave the car without me. How eager he was to jump into my arms when I arrived to pick him up. By the end of the year, he happily exited my car (instead of having to be pried off by the sweet teachers). On days I did walk him in, he would bravely walk most of the way himself and wave me goodbye. And, if there was still fun to be had in the classroom when I arrived at the end of the day, he was assertively tell me that he wasn't quite done yet and could I please just wait for him.
He's learned how to play with his peers and how to make friends. And, he's learned about the Lord. He can recite Bible verses, tell me Bible stories, and sing spiritual songs. It is just precious and a great foundation to build on. And when Fawn's world got turned upside down by Small Fry's arrival, school was such a great constant -- a place that had nothing to do with our newest addition.
I am so excited to spend the summer with Fawn -- to not have an agenda or somewhere to be by 9 am. But, I know he'll miss school and be so excited to return in September.
Excited for his last day of school!
He looks like such a little boy (sob) -- he's too cute.
ReplyDelete