Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Blueberry Pudding.

Yep, you read it correctly.  Blueberry pudding -- as in banana pudding with a twist.  I love banana pudding, but wanted to mix things up a bit.  A few years ago I started making this, and we love it.  Give it a try -- or experiment with your own winning combination.  The concept is this -- replace the fruit (banana) with another fruit, and the pudding flavor (vanilla) with a different flavor.  See what you come up with. 

The blueberries in the south are absolutely delicious for so many of the warm months, and they are one of my favorites.  What to pair with blueberries?  Lemon, of course.  I'm a sucker for all things citrus.  (Citrus and sour were the only ways I survived the horrendous morning all day sickness I had when pregnant with Fawn.)  Now go to town.  Choose your favorite banana pudding recipe (traditional Nilla Wafers and whipped cream -- or Chessman cookies with cream cheese a la Paula Dean) and substitute with your fruit and pudding flavors. 

A great spring and summer treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment