Saturday, March 5, 2011

Thank you Craneworks!

Fawn and I (accompanied by my mom) went to Big Machine Day at the McWane Center in February.  What a great event -- I have to give a huge hats off to the folks at Craneworks who sponsored the event and were so wonderful with all the little children explaining the machinery.  I knew just by the name of the event that it would be a huge hit with Fawn, but it exceeded my expectations.  19th Street was blocked off in front of the McWane Center and filled with all sorts of machinery -- cranes, excavators, a dump truck, a forklift, and a fire truck, just to name a few.  And, all were open for the kids to sit in and pretend to drive. Truly awesome event -- can't wait for next year.
All the kids received Craneworks hard hats upon arrival (Fawn really did love his hat, despite the slightly sad look on his face!).



Some fascinating knob.


Driving is tough work.


All smiles.


The horn on the dump truck was so loud!

This is definitely a "two grown-ups required" event.  You need one grown-up to tend to toddler, while second grown-up is designated "line stander".  While Fawn had an absolute ball, waiting in lines just isn't for him (he's two people!).  I tried to explain "taking turns" to Fawn.  His response: "I don't like turns mommy" (translation -- I don't like it when other kids have turns, I should get to do whatever I want, whenever I want, for as long as I want).  Great.

Again, a huge thank you to Craneworks!  You made a lot of little ones so happy at Big Machine Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment