Fawn loves to paint. I concur with one of my mommy friends, though, that for the mom, painting is a least favorite activity. Sure, I want Fawn to do what he loves, and I certainly want to foster creativity. But, Fawn's two. He has the attention span of an ant. So, in my house painting goes something like this:
Fawn: "I want to paint mommy"
Belle: "Okay -- let's get the painting stuff out"
Fawn watches as I (1) spread a drop clothe out on the kitchen floor ("Mommy got the drop clothe" -- thanks for the commentary); (2) tie an apron on Fawn as to protect his pjs (this activity almost always occurs in the morning); (3) get out the paintbrushes, paints, and cups for each color; (4) move the easel from the playroom to the kitchen; and (5) get Fawn ready to go. Needless to say, while this isn't cumbersome, it's not the quickest activity to set up.
The Fawn starts painting. I have barely enough time to find my camera and snap a quick picture (see below) before I hear the two magic words of toddlerhood "all done."
I quickly wash hands/face/feet (the paint miraculously gets everywhere) and remove the apron. Fawn is on to puzzles, Thomas, or racing cars as I repeat steps (1) through (5) in the reverse. Whew. Hope it was really fun, buddy.


No comments:
Post a Comment